by Gail Browser
Most people have dealt with acne at some point in their life. Many people don’t outgrow it and it can have devastating affects on their lives. But there are more effective treatments available nowadays. This series of tips & advice can help you understand acne and to find a way to treat it and prevent it.
* Drinking plenty of water is important to maintaining clear skin. Acne breakouts will clear more quickly if you keep your body well-hydrated. Your skin tissue is composed mostly of water and consuming plenty of water throughout the day helps your systems, including your skin, torepair itself. Adequate water intake is imperative to a healthy skin system.
* If you have acne issues, avoid any skincare or cosmetic product that have an oil base. Most acne sufferers already have an excess of naturally-occurring oil that contributes greatly to acne susceptibility. If you add artificial products with their own oils to the mix you are just adding fuel to the fire.
* Place orange peels on areas of your skin infected with acne. Thevitamin C and citric acid in the peel can actually help heal your acne. Keep the peel on the blemish for 20-30 minutes for best results. Another option is to grind up the peel, mix it with water and use the solution as a face wash.
* The key to acne control is to keep things simple!. It’s important to use as few products as you can on your skin to ensure that you don’t overwhelm it. The more creams, masks, tonics, and pills you throw at the problem, the more you’ll shake up the balance of your entire system.
* If you must pop your acne, be sure you do it the right way. Do not directly touch the pimple. Use a tissue and gently press the skin around the lesion until it pops. Squeeze until all the pus is removed. Apply alcohol to a cotton swab and dab it on the area, and do not touch the area for many days. When you pop a pimple in this way, you are less likely to cause scarring.
* Make sure you remember to wash your face even when you are not in the middle of an acne breakout. It is important to get in a routine of washing your face regularly. Ideally, you will want to wash your face once every morning then again before you go to bed.
* Search for over the counter cleansers that contain the ingredient salicylic acid. This component destroys the bacteria that you can get during the course of the day, and prevents free radicals from forming. Using a cleanser with salicylic acid can help control your oil level and reduce the chance for severe acne formation.
As previously mentioned, most people have had to deal with acne at one point in their life. But it can be treated and managed. By using the information in this article, you can develop proper care and prevention to minimize the effects. Acne can be treated and managed to minimize outbreaks.