When it comes to herbal medicine one of the best uses for it is preventative rather than looking to cure an existing or current ailment. What we mean by this is taking a course of herbal tablets to help prevent yourself from getting ill in the first place.
Whilst certain herbal supplements are great at targeting specific illnesses, or purging disease from your body, many are great at giving your immune system a boost. This is important as it is the immune system that we rely upon to help keep us healthy, to allow us to fight off disease and illness.
There are many ways of boosting the immune system, from helping to improve liver function to strengthening the skin – which means that there are many herbs that can work. Here we look at some of the most powerful immune system boosting herbs.
The Right Healthy Herbs to Boost Your Immune System:
* American Ginseng – Ginseng is one of the main stays of Chinese medicine and is taken on a daily basis to help ward off respiratory diseases. Testing in this areas has yielded some promising results.
* St Johns Wart – Traditional Western herb this one, St John’s Wart is a herb that has all sorts amazing health giving properties. Amongst it’s most powerful aspects is that it contains strong antibacterial and antifungal properties – boosting the immune system to fight off such invasions of our bodies.
* Garlic – Not many people think of this as a herb that can boost the immune system, but boy are they wrong! Garlic has been shown in studies to help prevent cancer, to help deal with stress and fatigue.
On top of that it is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antiseptic and much more besides. It is one of the most powerful immune system boosting herbs there is. It is also known to be very powerful against food borne pathogens often found in commercial food.
* Echinacia – another herb often used in Western herbal medicine, echinacia is a fantastic immune system booster. It boosts the production of white blood cells that help support the immune system & keep us fit!.
Healthy Herbs That Can Help You Lose Weight
When it comes to losing weight we need all the help that we can get. The obesity rate in the Western world rises year on year – and with good reason. We are exercising less , in part thanks to sedentary jobs, we are eating worse, thanks to fast food and convenience, and we have plenty of access to the food.
Which means that many people are desperately trying to lose weight – whether to look better or to increase their health. With the Obamacare health law coming into effect, more people than ever will hopefully have access to medical care that can help them avoid and correct problems like obesity. As ever the old ways of doing so are the best. Eat healthy food, do plenty of exercise – and use old remedies to help speed things along.
Weight Loss Healthy Herbs
One of the best ways of aiding weight loss is by using the right herbs. Healthy herbs are hugely powerful – and far from being ‘alternative’ medicine they often play an important part in medicine, both in the Western world and in Eastern countries such as China.
But we are so focused on man made drugs we often forget how powerful natural ones can be. Which is why we seem to have forgotten the power of healthy herbs for weight loss. But as more and more scientific research is done into the subject the more people are discovering herbs as a weight loss aid again.
Healthy Herbs That Work
* Seaweed – Bet you didn’t see that coming! Seaweed is great for treating thyroids – so if your weight is due to a thyroid problem then look to use edible seaweed
* Cayenne – Perfect if you like your food spicy. This food does a number of things, from aiding digestion to stimulating saliva production. But the main benefit is that it contains capsaicin – an ingredient that speeds up the metabolism.
* Green Tea – Chinese green tea contains thermogenic herbs – this means that they speed up your metabolism whilst also burning more calories to be digested then they actually contain.
* Dandelion root – This is great for reducing fat as it aids the liver in metabolising it. It also helps to reduce poisons in the blood and can be a useful stimulant as well.
Read the latest articles here:
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page…
Most Commonly Used Herbal Remedies
Herbs have been proven to be a valid source of medicine for illnesses as analternative to most medically prescribed medicine. However, although herbs …
Herbal Remedies For The Common Cold
Probably the most common use of herbal remedies is for treating the common cold. As everyone knows a cold is no fun to have as it leaves you feeling …
Herbal Remedies for Cleansing the Body!
Body cleansing is typically associated with losing weight and/or getting rid of the body’s toxins in a body detox , but most commonly with losing weight. …
The Herbal Remedies of the Humble Dandelion!
Most people consider the dandelion to a hardy weed that is difficult to get rid of, but serves no useful purpose except to attract bees and ants. Nothing …
Healthy Herbs Hiding In Your Kitchen Cabinet!
Healthy Herbs Hiding In Your Kitchen Cabinet….most people think that the herbs used in herbal treatments come from plants that are raised in an exotic