They don’t call them the “windows to the soul” for nothing!
The eyes never lie”.
If you’re feeling and looking great, your eyes will shine and sparkle.
If you’re sad and lonely your eyes will give you away every time.
* If you have red, watery eyes due to allergies, deal with them!
There are plenty of medications available to eliminate allergy symptoms.
Nothing will detract from your appearance faster than red eyes.
* If you wear eyeglasses, make certain that they do not detract from your appearance. Eyeglasses should complement your eyes, not cover them.
If your frames are unattractive, it means you had the wrong sales person. Try again.
* If you can wear them, consider switching to contact lenses. Make sure you remember to remove them when swimming.
You can easily lose them in the pool or worse, if you wear soft lenses you could contract a cornea infection that comes from a parasite found in water.
The chlorine won’t kill it and the result of this nasty little dude is not pleasant. You are inviting painful corneal infection that could cause partial or total blindness.
* Try buying different colored lenses. You might discover a whole new you behind blue eyes!
* Better yet, check out lasik. If you are a candidate it might give you a whole new lease on life.
Of course, it’s a treatment for near-sightedness only, but if that’s your reason for wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses, you might want to look into it.
Just remember, even though the procedure is done with a laser, it is still a surgical procedure. Take your time and investigate to make certain that you visit a skilled surgeon who has completed many lasik procedures.
* Take vitamin C, vitamin E and beta-carotene to improve your sight and overall health of your eyes.
* Avoid caffeine. It negatively impacts the system that the eyes use for focusing. That includes coffee, tea, sodas and chocolate. Well, okay, if you can’t quit, at least cut back!
* Do not over use eye drops. You may just make your eyes redder. Artificial tears are okay, but you should limit or avoid using vasoconstrictors.
They will shrink the blood vessels on the surface of your eye. Check with your doctor if you need further explanation on the differences.
Did you know . . . eye makeup worn by the ancient Egyptians served more than just a cosmetic purpose? It was worn by men and women alike.
It was decorative for certain but they also wore it for medicinal purposes as well as magical reasons. The Egyptian word for eye-palette is a derivative from their word for “protect.”
An eye that wore no makeup was considered to be “unprotected.” An unprotected eye was therefore at risk from the Evil Eye.
The next time you are standing in front of the mirror applying your eye makeup just remember that it is a rite of protection passed along from Cleopatra to Betty Boop!
* Replace eye makeup frequently. An enlightened woman of the 21st century would not be complete without her drawer full of makeup magic.
Unfortunately, you are just as apt to have the same tube of mascara that you used the night of your high school prom!
If this describes you, throw it away. Using the same mascara over and over again leaves you wide open for possible infection. Bacteria are alive and well and flourishing on your trusty little mascara wand.
Pitch it out before it gives you trouble. Mascara should be replaced at least every 6 weeks.
* Use special eye moisturizer to keep tissue around the eyes soft and pliable. The skin around the eyes is very thin and easily damaged.
* If you prefer not to use an eyelash curler, shop for mascara that is specially formulated to self curl.
* To obtain a smoky, sultry look, use an eyeliner pencil and liquid. Apply the pencil first and gently smudge.
Then apply the liner. Be careful, a little goes a long way. You’ll love the look!
* Powder your lashes before applying mascara. It will create a better bond for the mascara to cling to.
* For “puffy” eyes, soak two teabags in cold water then apply to each eyelid.
* User a hemorrhoid cream to shrink puffy eye tissue. It will reduce the swelling almost immediately.
* Slices of raw potato placed under each eye will reduce the dark circles.
* Define and tame contrary eyebrows by using a toothbrush lightly sprayed with hair spray.