To beat acne, your best tool is getting educated about your condition and the latest research about how best to treat it. This will be different for different people and could mean focusing on diet, skin care, or finding the right medications.
This article will provide you with a number of tips to figure out what approach will best suit you:
* Find the right acne solution for you. If you’re using only a salicylic acid treatment, try using a benzoyl peroxide treatment at another point in the day. Depending on your skin, one product may work better in the morning, while the other product may work better at night. A solution that works for someone else may not be the right combination for you.
* If you’re having problems with acne. Try thinking to yourself: sunshine and fresh air. Both of these things are free to everybody and are more effective in helping the skin. The sun provides Vitamin D which is good for the health of your skin and can help it combat acne and other blemishesand the fresh air can help to dry out the unnatural oils in your skin and give your face a brighter more natural look.
* Drinking water can help you to get rid of acne. When your skin gets too dry, the dead skin cells remain on your body, causing blocked pores. Aim to consume at least two liters of water every day. This will rejuvenate your dry skin and help with any acne problems that you might have.
* You might think that drinking coffee helps to reduce stress, but in truth caffeine only increases both stress and its resultant acne breakouts. Cutting back on coffee will not only help you to stay calmer while experiencing stress, it will also help your skin to stay balanced and hydrated and as a result will also cut back on breakouts.
* Including nuts and seeds in your diet can help you fight acne problems. Seeds and nuts are packed with vitamins and minerals that keep your skin healthy and correct deficiencies that aggravate acne infections. Eating Brazil nuts gives you selenium, and pumpkin seeds give you zinc. Both are hard-to-find minerals that help combat acne.
* Acne in teenagers can lead to depression. Encourage healthy habits, hair should be pulled back from the face or a very short cut is recommended. If acne is very painful and severe, medical attention will be required. Most acne is not life threatening, even though a big deal can be made over a pimple!
* An effective home remedy for severe acne is witch hazel. Apply to your face using a cotton ball, after you have cleansed your face with your regular product. Then, apply two percent salicylic acid product. It will help prevent any further breakout, as well as treat the blemishes that are already there.
As we suggested in the introduction, the key to your success in combating acne is education and figuring out what approach will best suit your lifestyle and health needs.
This article will have hopefully given you a number of approaches to try, so just make a start with something that resonates and you’ll be well on your way to clear skin!.