A lifestyle that advocates the consumption of organic foods that are uncooked and unprocessed is sometimes called raw foodism. Many people who hear about the raw food diet plan are confused about what it entails and ask, what is raw food – and how can I benefit from it?
It may sound like a diet that’s very restrictive and not very interesting, but most raw foodists base their diets on utilizing around 75% of raw foods. They believe that if a large percentage of what they eat consists of foods such as seeds, nuts, beans, seaweed and vegetables that they’ll reap the benefits of weight loss and improved health.
There is such a wide variety of raw foods you can consume on the diet plan that it doesn’t seem boring or uninteresting.
Raw food advocates also believe that heating food over 116 degrees destroys enzymes and nutrients that the body needs in order to digest and absorb the food for maximum health benefits.
Weight loss is one of the most touted benefits of eating a diet that consists mainly of raw foods. This type of diet contains much less trans and saturated fats and helps your body burn calories naturally.
Some other benefits of eating a raw food diet are:
· Decreased health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure that can lead to strokes, and breakdown of the immune system that causes disease and bad health.
· Aids the digestion of foods and helps your body absorb the nutrients found in most raw foods.
· Increased energy levels because your body is performing more efficiently.
· Skin takes on a glow from within because your diet is free from processed foods.
· Weight loss is the ultimate benefit of eating raw food. If you need to lose weight, this diet is a safe and healthy plan to follow.
If you’re asking yourself the question, “what is raw food and how can I benefit from it,” you should read online reviews about people who have decided to try the plan and have benefited in various ways.
When your diet consists mainly of meat and overcooked vegetables, your body may become sluggish and unable to correctly process foods for the benefit of your health.
The fiber and phytochemicals (plant chemicals) you receive from a raw food diet is far better than our typical diets which contain sodium, fats and chemicals used for processing.
If you’re still asking yourself the question, what is raw food, and how can I benefit from it, do your own research, either online or from the many books you can find at the book store or library.
It’s a diet plan that can change your life for the better and provide you with many healthy years to come.
Click here to read more Natural Cures about Food & Nutrition Facts